Man Utd ForumHomeGalleryRulesFAQSearchNew PostsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Wayne Rooney told to wait on new Manchester United deal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Wayne Rooney told to wait on new Manchester United deal   Thu May 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Manchester United will not open contract talks with player-of-the-season Wayne Rooney until after the World Cup.

Rooney has two years left on his Old Trafford deal but is keen to discuss a £120,000-a-week extension.

However, United chief executive David Gill has indicated privately the 24-year-old will have to wait until he returns from South Africa with England.

Even though Real Madrid have already declared a firm interest in Rooney, United are so sure he will not have his head turned that they have told his representatives to wait until late July for talks.

Rooney has scored 43 goals for club and country this season and picked up United's player-of-the-year award on Tuesday night.

However, he later told of his disappointment at being second to Chelsea in the Barclays Premier League with one game to go.

Rooney said: 'We shouldn't be losing seven games at this club. Other teams have dropped points as well so it has been an open league.

'We are still with a chance, but we are disappointed with the way we have gone out of competitions.'

United must win at home to Stoke on Sunday and hope Chelsea fail to beat Wigan at Stamford Bridge.

United captain Gary Neville said: 'We will be kicking ourselves if it doesn't go our way on Sunday.

'The mistakes we have made have been unusual. But then every team will be looking at it the same way.

'It's been a crazy season and I hope we don't come to regret it come Sunday evening.'

Midfielder Owen Hargreaves hopes to feature against Stoke and insists he can carry on playing for another eight years despite nearly two years out because of knee surgery to cure tendinitis.

The 29-year-old returned for the final seconds the win at Sunderland last weekend and said: 'Hopefully, I've got another six to eight years left in me. Being out for so long is obviously not something I would have envisaged myself going through. It's been a learning experience and I'm looking forward to next season.'

United goalkeeper Ben Foster has revealed he will leave the club if he gets a good offer after failing to take his opportunities in the first team this season.

Foster, 27, said: 'I want to be playing football. I am not interested in hanging around and I would go if the club wanted to sell me.

'It would not be the end of the world for me.'

Wayne Rooney told to wait on new Manchester United deal | Mail Online

--------------------

We should tie him up as soon as possible. What's the club upto? :blink:
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.joinmust.org/
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with

PostSubject: Re: Wayne Rooney told to wait on new Manchester United deal   Thu May 06, 2010 1:31 pm

What the fuck?
Extend/Renew his contract for pete's sake
Back to top Go down
View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum  :: Football :: Manchester United-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum