Man Utd ForumHomeGalleryRulesFAQSearchNew PostsRegisterLog in

Share | 

FC United of Manchester - My views

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: FC United of Manchester - My views   Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:59 am

I suppose most of you'll know what FC United of Manchester actually is.

For those who don't, this is a club formed by Manchester United supporters after the Glazer takeover took place.

Now I had plenty of misconceptions a few years back about the fans who formed the club and got sucked easily into believing that they all betrayed the club and formed a breakaway club, that they hated Glazers more than they loved United. But as time has passed I've learned a lot about these supporters and FC United and what were the motives behind the formation of it and I think I'm at the age now to actually understand this.

Before I start, I'd like to say these are my views alone and you'll should not be affected by my views if you'll don't believe in it.

As you'll might all know protests were already taking place with effigies being burnt and stuff while the Glazer takeover talks were on but it was only a minority of 'hardcore' supporters that were doing it, sadly.

United already had, by then, become what we call the prawn sandwich brigade with majority at Old Trafford not being arsed to support the team which had already lead to some of the old timers become disillusioned with the Old Trafford support although they still supported the team whole heartedly.

After the take over, it was absolutely necessary to have a boycott, which is exactly the same thing we need 5 years on, and some of these supporters actually had the balls to not renew their season tickets and rip off a massive part of their heart for the better of the club.

They made the ultimate sacrifice for the club and out of the 5k who didn't renew season tickets that year some went on to form FC United. This was solely done so that those supporters could actually get the atmosphere and the community spirit that was prevalent before the commercialization of football in the early nineties.

Sadly majority of fans unaware of why it actually happened termed them Judas and Satan for having the balls to actually make the sacrifice which very few even five years on and with increased awareness about the Glazer takeover aren't ready to contemplate.

I have read an account of a supporter who was actually targeted by some United fans as he was with FC. Imagine the pain he went through when he had to actually fight with some fellow fans for being called a Judas and a traitor.

I'd only like to say....don't judge if you'll don't have enough knowledge about the subject. These people had been forced out of their lives by the Glazers which makes me hate them more than ever. And many more have been priced out gradually with the rising ticket prices.

We'll need to bring them down.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.joinmust.org/
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester - My views   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:49 pm

Kick them out
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester - My views   Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:52 pm

The thread was not meant to be anti glazer. It's about the supporters who formed FC. I guess no one would actually be arsed.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester - My views   Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:39 pm

Bump......no one actually interested?
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester - My views   Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:56 pm

FC United of Manchester, for me, were never negative ever since I knew about them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.navpreetsingh.co.cc
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester - My views   Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:01 pm

Yeah but most people and the press always thought they were negative in their views and all that. That's what made me think they were not real supporters when I was very young.
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester - My views   Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:08 pm

happy ... Glazer's should be out, unless they can get the club out of debt by selling their other teams like Tampa Bay Buccaneers ... See, apart from funds, another qualities of the owner are also required, which is zero interference with how the club is run and a full monopoly to the manager. In those fields, Glazers are fine, but the fucking debt is huge and crippling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.navpreetsingh.co.cc
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester - My views   Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:03 am

Navpreet wrote:
happy ... Glazer's should be out, unless they can get the club out of debt by selling their other teams like Tampa Bay Buccaneers ... See, apart from funds, another qualities of the owner are also required, which is zero interference with how the club is run and a full monopoly to the manager. In those fields, Glazers are fine, but the fucking debt is huge and crippling.

I pretty much doubt that they aren't interfering. You don't know what goes on behind the scenes. And I'd definitely take Sir Alex's comments on them being great owners with a pinch of salt. They have just blabbered about Ronaldo money being available and I don't really think it is available unless we have a substantial net spend this summer. We even canceled the Ljajic deal under dicey situations. Let's see Smalling's signing is the first step to proving me wrong or not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FC United of Manchester - My views   

Back to top Go down

FC United of Manchester - My views

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum  :: Football :: Manchester United-
Make a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com