Man Utd ForumHomeGalleryRulesFAQSearchNew PostsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:55 pm

Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 1:55 PM on 13th July 2009

Sir Alex Ferguson has risked triggering outrage among Manchester United fans by claiming he will not spend another penny of the £80million banked from Cristiano Ronaldo's sale.

The Barclays Premier League champions were expected to embark on a huge spending spree this summer after flogging their star asset to Real Madrid.

But Ferguson, who unveiled new boys Michael Owen, Antonio Valencia and Gabriel Obertan today, has stunned supporters by insisting no-one will follow the trio into Old Trafford because of the inflated transfer market.

'It is the end of our business, so all these stories about who were are supposed to be getting - forget it,' said Ferguson.

Despite resigning themselves to losing Ronaldo, United fans were confident that Ferguson would splash the cash after he was given the green light to spend all of the £80m.

The United boss attempted to sign Karim Benzema from Lyon before the striker opted to join Ronaldo at Real for £36m.

'There are some amazing numbers being talked about, not all of them realistic,' he said. 'It is very difficult to get value now.

'In a way we benefited through the sale of Cristiano, although that figure was non-negotiable. But I feel we have a good squad, which meant there was no need for knee-jerk reactions.

'We asked about Benzema and we had a value for him. Lyon have done well because they got 42million euros but I think we took a sensible view.'

Ferguson has also lost striker Carlos Tevez, who is expected to sign for rivals Manchester City, while Bayern Munich Franck Ribery appears to have fallen off the radar.

He has also been linked with big-money moves for Sergio Aguero, Samuel Eto'o and Zlatan Ibrahimovic but he now looks set to keep with his current squad.

Owen, who has signed a two-year deal after joining on a free transfer from Newcastle, is confident he can help fill the void left by Ronaldo and Tevez.

'I'm hungry to do well here,' said Owen, who will take over Ronaldo's No 7 shirt.

'If this challenge doesn't put a spring in your step and a smile on your face then nothing will. I still believe I can do well at a top team like Manchester United.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1199366/Fergie-bombshell-Manchester-United-boss-insists-summer-spending-despite-80m-Ronaldo-sale.html

Oh my God we won't sign a star player!!!! biggrin
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.joinmust.org/
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:01 am

Expected,really great move.I think our team is quite balanced now and since the 2 moaners have left the club I dont think we need any star player to perform.We have one the best squad right now and we can win atleast a trophy this season for sure!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dipanjan
Dip Dip

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:11 am

Nani will be a huge player for us next season, I suspect he's the reason why we haven't gone for a top class winger (I think we'd have bought Valencia anyway)

Wazza will pick up the goals, Berba should enjoy a better season and Owen can chip in with a few goals. TalkSport (or TalkScouse) is having a debate on if we'll finish in the top 4! Naturally the ABU's (and the anti United scouse supporting presenters are trying to convince themselves we're finished)

We're okay, it's a cliche but we must have faith in Sir Alex and the boys, there is opportunity for players to elevate themselves - I would suspect Nani will be one in particular to seize it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.dipanjantalks.wordpress.com
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:21 am

Its all upon Nani-Rooney now
Although Berba and Owen will also play a crucial role.
But all and all its going to be a one man season!
WAYNE ROONEY rooney
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dipanjan
Dip Dip

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:22 am

I also think so.

He will become the main man, finally. wink
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
Expected,really great move.I think our team is quite balanced now and since the 2 moaners have left the club I dont think we need any star player to perform.We have one the best squad right now and we can win atleast a trophy this season for sure!

Yeah our squad is very good at the moment but we've lost a bit with Ronaldo and Tevez gone. Replacing Tevez and Ronaldo with Valencia, Obertan and Owen means we haven't strengthened our squad from last season rather our squad is weakened from the last time. As for the trophies, I do expect United to win something next season as I always do but the premier league looks highly unlikely to be honest. Only United have been able to win 3 in a row and there is a reason why no team has been able to do a 4 in a row. Although if any team can do it, it has to be United.

I think we'll win one trophy atleast next season but won't be really surprised if we don't.

Vishal16 wrote:
Its all upon Nani-Rooney now
Although Berba and Owen will also play a crucial role.
But all and all its going to be a one man season!
WAYNE ROONEY rooney

If Owen will play a crucial role in our team I think we need to worry a bit.

And people are expecting too much from Nani and the lad gets a fair bit of stick for no particular reason. He is a good player but to expect him to be our driving force along with Rooney is just a bit too much to ask of him. And if he then fails to live up to the fans' supposed expectations although doing quite well in the process he'll receive a bit more stick.

All in all the next season will be an intriguing one.
Back to top Go down
mrportuguese

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Rahul wrote:
By SPORTSMAIL REPORTER
Last updated at 1:55 PM on 13th July 2009

Sir Alex Ferguson has risked triggering outrage among Manchester United fans by claiming he will not spend another penny of the £80million banked from Cristiano Ronaldo's sale.

The Barclays Premier League champions were expected to embark on a huge spending spree this summer after flogging their star asset to Real Madrid.

But Ferguson, who unveiled new boys Michael Owen, Antonio Valencia and Gabriel Obertan today, has stunned supporters by insisting no-one will follow the trio into Old Trafford because of the inflated transfer market.

'It is the end of our business, so all these stories about who were are supposed to be getting - forget it,' said Ferguson.

Despite resigning themselves to losing Ronaldo, United fans were confident that Ferguson would splash the cash after he was given the green light to spend all of the £80m.

The United boss attempted to sign Karim Benzema from Lyon before the striker opted to join Ronaldo at Real for £36m.

'There are some amazing numbers being talked about, not all of them realistic,' he said. 'It is very difficult to get value now.

'In a way we benefited through the sale of Cristiano, although that figure was non-negotiable. But I feel we have a good squad, which meant there was no need for knee-jerk reactions.

'We asked about Benzema and we had a value for him. Lyon have done well because they got 42million euros but I think we took a sensible view.'

Ferguson has also lost striker Carlos Tevez, who is expected to sign for rivals Manchester City, while Bayern Munich Franck Ribery appears to have fallen off the radar.

He has also been linked with big-money moves for Sergio Aguero, Samuel Eto'o and Zlatan Ibrahimovic but he now looks set to keep with his current squad.

Owen, who has signed a two-year deal after joining on a free transfer from Newcastle, is confident he can help fill the void left by Ronaldo and Tevez.

'I'm hungry to do well here,' said Owen, who will take over Ronaldo's No 7 shirt.

'If this challenge doesn't put a spring in your step and a smile on your face then nothing will. I still believe I can do well at a top team like Manchester United.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1199366/Fergie-bombshell-Manchester-United-boss-insists-summer-spending-despite-80m-Ronaldo-sale.html

Oh my God we won't sign a star player!!!! biggrin

honestly though, is there any player to buy?? it doesn't take a genius to realize that the market is inflated and there r sum shitass players out there who want lots of money...70mill for ibrahimovic? i'd rather buy the entire south korean squad!! lol! ...............

courtesy ...2939 commu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:05 pm

mrportuguese wrote:

honestly though, is there any player to buy?? it doesn't take a genius to realize that the market is inflated and there r sum shitass players out there who want lots of money...70mill for ibrahimovic? i'd rather buy the entire south korean squad!! lol! ...............

courtesy ...2939 commu

Why do quote a post from there? :blink:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 8:13 pm

SAF Knows what he is doing ! :happy:
Back to top Go down
ankit7
No fights, Please no fights!Coward

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:13 pm

saithereddevil wrote:
SAF Knows what he is doing ! :happy:
yea
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:33 pm

Many people are saying that SAF is out of his mind !
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:38 pm

mrportuguese wrote:
courtesy ...2939 commu

what the feck is 2939 community? :blink: huh mellow
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.navpreetsingh.co.cc

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:43 pm

Navpreet wrote:
mrportuguese wrote:
courtesy ...2939 commu

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community.aspx?cmm=2939

Manchester United Community on Orkut ! laugh
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:51 pm

saithereddevil wrote:

That's because those people are twats and total idiots.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:52 pm

saithereddevil wrote:
Navpreet wrote:
mrportuguese wrote:
courtesy ...2939 commu

http://www.orkut.co.in/Main#Community.aspx?cmm=2939

Manchester United Community on Orkut ! laugh

That community sucks by all means. Full of numpties.
Back to top Go down
Dipanjan
Dip Dip

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:05 am

Thanks to Madrid for inflating prices. On a plus note, they gave us 80 million though. Since we won't be making anymore signings, this will reduce our debt a whole lot.

Btw I think there's enough quality in the team to compete against the best. All our youngsters will be coming with more experience this coming season and some players will be playing in their natural position following the departure of Ronaldo. I'm still confident about this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:48 am

I had once posted a Victoria Beckham tape there and was banned , but someone unbanned me later biggrin
Back to top Go down
Navpreet
The Forum Techie

Location : Enter at your peril, Past the vaulted door Impossible things will happen That the World's never seen before. In Dexter's Laboratory Lives the smartest boy you've ever seen But Dee Dee blows his experiments To Smithereens! There's Gloom and Doom When Things go Boom In Dexter's Lab

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:02 am

Rahul wrote:
saithereddevil wrote:

That's because those people are twats and total idiots.

cheers thumbsup

Go Fergie!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.navpreetsingh.co.cc
Dipanjan
Dip Dip

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:41 am

Oh, yes 2939 sucks. I am banned from there.
Back to top Go down
ankit7
No fights, Please no fights!Coward

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:12 pm

well that community and the ppl inside it suck ,they arent true united fans
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Ya me too . mad
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:06 pm

ankit7 wrote:
well that community and the ppl inside it suck ,they arent true united fans

Most aren't, some are.
Back to top Go down
ashirwad
Nice guy. Hyperactive and 50k+

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:34 pm

well of course..getting a salary of 30k doesnt mean u got to spend 30k.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:41 pm

ashirwad wrote:
well of course..getting a salary of 30k doesnt mean u got to spend 30k.

True, :happy:
Back to top Go down
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 7:23 pm

2939 sucks!
The people need to get some balls....obviously that shouldn't be Portuguese balls obviously.
90% of them are douche bags
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:30 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
2939 sucks!
The people need to get some balls....obviously that shouldn't be Portuguese balls obviously.
90% of them are douche bags

rofl rofl rofl

That's a jibe at someone, isn't it? smug
Back to top Go down
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Thu Jul 16, 2009 12:46 pm

Obviously :happy:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:48 pm

Vishal16 wrote:

The fallout in the gang part 2....and this time it'll be in rhyme lol!
Back to top Go down
Vishal16

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:31 pm

Rahul wrote:
Vishal16 wrote:

Dont care :happy:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:34 pm

Vishal16 wrote:
Rahul wrote:
Vishal16 wrote:

Dont care :happy:

Does it even matter to you'll? laugh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fergie bombshell: Manchester United boss insists his summer spending is over despite £80m Ronaldo sale   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum  :: Football :: Manchester United-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com