Man Utd ForumHomeGalleryRulesFAQSearchNew PostsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Love United Hate Glazer - Fans vs Owners

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with

PostSubject: Re: Love United Hate Glazer - Fans vs Owners   Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:00 pm

Rahul wrote:
I didn't like it that much actually.

Well I dont like a lot of things you say. You hear me moan? shifty
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Love United Hate Glazer - Fans vs Owners   Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:11 pm

^ lol
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Love United Hate Glazer - Fans vs Owners   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:16 am

Glazer speaks....about Tampa fears because they can't sell out seats

from Tampa Tribune

Citing a weak economy and lagging ticket sales, Tampa Bay Buccaneers co-chairman Joel Glazer said Wednesday there is a "real possibility'' the club will face home television blackouts during the 2010 season.

The Buccaneers have not suffered a home blackout since Raymond James Stadium opened in 1998. Every game was televised in the local market last season, despite Tampa Bay's 3-13 record and thousands of empty seats at most home games.

"I'd say this is the first year in many years that we expect we could very well have blackouts, based on where we're at,'' Glazer said during a lengthy interview on the final day of the NFL owners meetings.

"We hope that's not the case, but where we sit today, we don't want people to be necessarily surprised because we haven't had this in 15 years, but we're staring at the possibility for the first time in a decade and a half of having games blacked out in our local market. It's not what we want and we are working very hard to try and see that it doesn't happen, but it is a real possibility.''

There were several times last season speculation grew about a Bay area TV blackout, but all 16 Bucs games were broadcast locally.

"Coming off of last season and the economy being the way it is, there's no question it's had an effect on ticket sales,'' Glazer said. "We've been very encouraged because we've had a lot of new sales, but by the same token, we have a lot of tickets to sell.''

Glazer refuted speculation the club is being run on the cheap and declared money will never be an issue in the operation of the franchise.

"Our football people have never been told no because of money,'' Glazer said. "Money will never be an issue when it comes to building this team the way we think it should be built.

"Looking at our history, when it was necessary to spend to keep people or get someone to put us over the top, we didn't think twice about it. And we won't think twice about it, ever. Money is not an issue and that perception is false. Sometimes, I feel that charge (cheapness) is a scapegoat. It's the one easy, tangible thing people can grab onto.

"But I grab onto not drafting well for many years. That's like a slow cancer that builds and grows and eventually takes over. That is a major source of our problems and that's the problem that has to be corrected. You correct that problem and you start writing a lot of big checks. And you're happy to do it because that's a good problem to have.''

The Bucs have been relatively inactive since free agency began March 5, preferring to focus on next month's draft, where Tampa Bay is armed with 11 picks, including five of the top 102.

"Especially this year, the market for free agency wasn't deep and the free agents available generally were older,'' Glazer said.

"Based on where we're at, that's not going to contribute to our long-term success in our view. Quite the opposite – those free agents would have suppressed the opportunity for our younger players who will be there long term for us. There's a place for free agency and we've dipped in before, but you've got to build the foundation, you've got to build the building, before you start putting the nice stuff on it

--------------------------------------------

An interesting bit about the Glazers policies in managing their baseball team. I'll post my thoughts later as I got to rush.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.joinmust.org/
Vishal16
Doesn't like his tagline messed around with

PostSubject: Re: Love United Hate Glazer - Fans vs Owners   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:25 am

They have a baseball team?
Rush? Where?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Love United Hate Glazer - Fans vs Owners   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:29 am

I knew they had a baseball team. Didn't know in detail though
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Love United Hate Glazer - Fans vs Owners   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:46 am

Vishal16 wrote:
They have a baseball team?
Rush? Where?

Tampa.
Back to top Go down
Rahul
Stupid and Annoying

PostSubject: Re: Love United Hate Glazer - Fans vs Owners   Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:51 am

For anyone that doesn't know what a blackout is.......a blackout means not showing games(entire or a part of it) live on the local channels so as to encourage the fans to go to the stadium.

By the way, they've now owned the Bucs since 15 years now and they did win the Superbowl in 2001 I think. The club isn't really doing well financially from what I've read and they are below the minimum wage bill every club there needs to have, I think. Safe to say they've bleed the Bucs dry and might as well see ourselves in even worse state 15 years on if we don't get rid of the fucking ginger twats.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love United Hate Glazer - Fans vs Owners   

Back to top Go down

Love United Hate Glazer - Fans vs Owners

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Devil Gang - A Manchester United Fans Forum  :: Football :: Manchester United-
Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com